The St. Louis Cardinals will host the Miami Marlins for the miami marlins schedule in the second game of a three-game series on Tuesday. The Cardinals picked up a win in the opening game of the series. It was their third straight win and moved them to 41-53. The Cardinals are still 11 games out of first place in the MLB Standings for National League Central.
For the Marlins, the loss was their fourth straight. Miami has yet to win in the second half of the season. The Marlins are 53-43 on the season and second in the National League East. Let’s take a look at our Marlins vs Cardinals Betting Picks.
Miami Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals Odds
Before you go and make your Marlins vs Cardinals Betting Picks, here are the latest MLB Odds:
- Moneyline: Cardinals -145, Marlins +125
- Total: 8 runs
- Runline: Cardinals -1.5 (+140), Marlins +1.5 (-165)
Miami Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals Information
Miami Marlins vs St. Louis Cardinals
Location of the game: Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO.
Date & Time: Tuesday, July 18. 6:45 pm CT.
How to Watch: Bally Sports Midwest | Bally Sports Florida
Miami Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals Analysis
Jordan Montgomery is scheduled to get the start for the St. Louis Cardinals. The lefthander, who came over from the Yankees a season ago, could be on the block again this July. The Cardinals will look to revamp their rotation for the future, and Montgomery could be on the outside looking in. The lefthander is 6-7 on the season, with a 3.23 earned run average. He has struck out 96 batters in 103 innings this season.
Marlins Performance Recap and Analysis
The Miami Marlins have been a fun team to follow this season. Despite their four-game losing streak, if the postseason started today, they would be playing. The Marlins are winning games with low-scoring outcomes. The Marlins hope their MLB schedule becomes a little softer as the second half moves along. They have to, as their offense is 22nd in all of baseball with 4.2 runs per game. The team is hitting .264, and they have hit 90 home runs on the season.
The Marlins are projecting Edward Cabrera’s return from his shoulder injury in this game in this MLB injury report. Cabrera hasn’t pitched with the team since June 13th at Seattle. The 25-year-old is 5-5 on the season, with a 4.70.
Betting Trends to Know
- Luis Arraez leads all National League batters with a .380 batting average, and power hitter Jorge Soler continues to climb the MLB Player Stats in home run ranks, with 24 on the season.
- Bryan De La Cruz got the offensive party started on Monday for Miami with a solo home run in the second inning. It was his 11th.
- Jesus Sanchez also went deep for Miami in the loss.
Cardinals Performance Recap and Analysis
St. Louis, on the offensive side, has been just fine, with St. Louis Cardinals score being a potential note. The Cardinals are scoring 4.7 runs per game, which is now inside the Top 10. St. Louis is picking up nearly 9 hits per game. But the bad news has been the pitching. The Cardinals rank near the bottom in almost all pitching categories and are allowing 9.4 hits per game.
Betting Trends to Know
- St. Louis is enjoying another solid season out of third base men Nolan Arenado, with his .283 batting average and 20 home runs.
- Arenado drove in the first run for the Cardinals on Monday in the third inning.
- He finished the game with four runs batted in, and he now has 68 on the season.
Marlins vs. Cardinals Betting Picks
When making our Marlins vs Cardinals betting Picks, we took the information presented and came away with the best, educated MLB picks for the game.
- We are going to take the Cardinals -1.5 (+140) and the over here.
The Cardinals have been hitting the baseball around the park, and this is another one where they do it again.
Miami Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals Prediction
The last time these two MLB teams got together, St. Louis won the final game of the series to salvage one game in the four-game series. The Cardinals played better over the weekend against Washington and hope to turn a corner.
St. Louis knows if they are going to make a run at the division, they have to win MLB games and win them in bunches. The Cardinals getting hot at home would certainly help that cause.
- Our prediction for this game is the St. Louis Cardinals 7-2 over the Miami Marlins.
We hope you enjoyed our Marlins vs Cardinals Betting Picks. Good luck!