Go Bowling at Glen Brief History
Go Bowling at the Glen has been part of the NASCAR Cup calendar since being introduced in 1957. It’s been one of the several road races on the NASCAR schedule since 2021 and was extended to 90 laps in 2018.
Drivers will complete 220.86 miles over the 2.454-mile course. This year’s event will be held on Sunday, August 21, at 3 PM Eastern.
Chevrolet has been the dominant manufacturer in this race with 20 wins, with nine of them coming with the team at Hendrick Motorsports.
NASCAR Go Bowling at the Glen Betting Analysis
Kevin Harvick Analysis
Several drivers can be considered one of the top NASCAR picks for this year’s edition of the race. Kevin Harvick recorded his second straight victory this season at the Federated Auto Parts 400 last weekend to end a streak of 65 consecutive races without a checkered flag.
Harvick gets his 60th career win and has a chance to become the first driver to take a third straight victory in the NASCAR 2022 schedule.
In addition, he has now qualified for the playoffs as he and his team have been getting faster every week as they go for yet another win. Harvick won his first race at Watkins Glen in 2006.
Chase Elliott Analysis
NASCAR Cup Series leader Chase Elliott got his first career win at Watkins Glen in 2018 in his 99th career start, which was also the 250th victory for Hendrick Motorsports. He repeated as winner of the event the following year after taking the pole position.
Leader at Cup Series Standings
Elliott is the current leader in the Cup Series standings and has four wins to lead all drivers. He also has 16 top-ten finishes and nine finishes in the top five this season.
This course leaves little room for error, and if Elliott can finish the race without any mistakes, he has a good chance of topping the NASCAR odds and taking his third victory at Watkins Glen in the last four events.
Kyle Larson Analysis
Defending NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Larson hasn’t won since week two in Fontana but will be defending his 2021 win at Watkins Glen in this race.
He started in the fourth position in the event’s last edition and has the highest average starting position of any other driver this season.
Larson Position at Cup Series Standings
He’s third in the Cup Series standings and is at the top of the NASCAR odds weekly. Despite his one victory this season, this track has always been good for him because of the speed required, and his team should again have his car set up to run as great as it did in last year’s race and put Larson at the top of the Go Bowling at the Glen odds.
NASCAR Go Bowling at the Glen Betting Trends
- Only two drivers in this year’s field have won the NASCAR Go Bowling at the Glen event twice. Kyle Busch took home the checkered flag twice in 2008 and 2013, and Chase Elliot is a two-time winner, taking a victory in 2018 and 2019.
- In 2019, Chase Elliott became the first driver since Kyle Busch at the Centurion Boats at the Glen event in 2008 to qualify in the pole position and then go on to win the race.
- Chevrolet has won three of the last six Cup Series races at Watkins Glen and 16 of the past 24 overall at this road course, including the previous two wins by Chase Elliot. They have a sizable lead over all other manufacturers, with 20 victories in this event.
- Hendrick Motorsports is at the top of the list with nine victories at the Go Bowling at the Glen event and has now taken three-straight checkered flags after Chase Elliot won two straight and his teammate Kyle Larson the event last year.
- Only two drivers have won the Go Bowling at the Glen for three straight seasons. Mark Martin won from 1993 to 1995, and Jeff Gordon took the checkered flag from 1997 to 1999.
NASCAR Go Bowling at the Glen Betting Pick and Prediction
Although he failed to win a third straight victory at Watkins Glen last season, Chase Elliott has been dominating the Cup Standings in 2022 and is already known as the best road course driver in NASCAR.
Who to Bet On?
Go Bowling at the Glen betting picks and analysis show that Elliott is great on this course in good or bad conditions.
As long as he starts in one of the higher spots on the grid, he will be the favorite to take home the victory in this season’s event.
NASCAR Pick: Chase Elliot (+300)