At the Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard on July 31, fans will witness the beginning of a new chapter in NASCAR history.
The IMS road circuit will be challenged once again by the NASCAR Cup Series during the race weekend and will be popular in NASCAR betting.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has hosted the Pennzoil 150, a NASCAR Xfinity Series event, since 2012. It happens on Kroger Super Weekend’s Saturday.
NASCAR 2022 Schedule
As part of the NASCAR 2022 schedule, this race took the place of the Kroger 200, which had been run for 30 years at the neighboring Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis, known initially as Indianapolis Raceway Park.
Brad Keselowski won the first competition. The race was 250 miles long overall in 2016 as part of the Xfinity “Dash for Cash” format, but two Can-Am Duel-style 20-lap heat races were added before the 60-lap main event.
Race’s New Stage Structure
The race’s new stage structure has stages 1 and 2 with 25 laps and stage 3 with 50 laps. This has been used in place of the heat races since 2017. On Saturday, fans will have an excellent opportunity to select their Verizon 200 Betting Picks and enjoy the race.
Pennzoil 150 at The Brickyard Betting Picks
Chase Elliott Analysis
Chase Elliott is claiming the first pick from here in the Pennzoil 150 odds, and probably from most experts as well.
Perhaps the favorite to claim the championship soon, he has been in top form leading up to the race on Saturday. He is no stranger to the series, being the first rookie to win the NASCAR Championship in 2014.
In 2016, he was named rookie of the year in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and claimed the championship in 2020.
With seven road course wins in his NASCAR career so far and 17 in total, combined with his fantastic form in recent events, most experts see Chase Elliott proving himself to be the best of the best once again on Saturday.
Tyler Reddick Analysis
In the NASCAR picks, Tyler Reddick is one of the most experienced and well-rounded drivers competing in NASCAR.
Starting his career in NASCAR in 2012 at the ARCA Racing Series, he has claimed several awards and trophies in his ten-year career.
He won the NASCAR Xfinity Series consecutively in 2018 and 2019 with dominant performances. He was also voted the most popular truck series driver by a fan vote. In addition, he recently finished fourth in the M&M’s Fan Appreciation 400 held at the Pocono Raceway.
Austin Cindric Analysis
Austin Cindric has been an underrated driver for several years. Getting his first ever competitive start back in 2015 at the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, he has gone on to gain experience and give the favorites a tough time in several of NASCAR’s events.
Austin Cindric won the NASCAR Xfinity Series outright in 2020 and claimed the Daytona 500 in 2022. But, being the driver with a wealth of experience at the facility, experts can see him causing an upset come Saturday. He features in the Pennzoil 150 odds for a good reason.
Pennzoil 150 at The Brickyard Betting Trends
- This NASCAR 2022 schedule has seen more new winners than any other year since 2003, with 12. This signals the rising unpredictability and competitiveness and that the established drivers are at the end of their reign at the top. Bettors should keep this kind of trend in mind when making their NASCAR Picks for the Pennzoil 150 and betting on Verizon 200 odds.
- Four new drivers won their first race during the last ten NASCAR races in 2018 and five in 2019. Therefore, Nascar odds bettors can expect to see a winless driver claim victory in the remaining races, perhaps even in the Pennzoil 150.
- Martin Truex Jr. has been racing in NASCAR since 2004, although most of his 31 racing victories have come since 2016. He has also qualified for the Championship four times in the last five. A win on Saturday could help him qualify, but don’t be surprised to see him come up with a win against the favorites.
- Tyler Reddick finished in second place twice this season and in fourth once. He remains without a victory this season, which goes against his past seasons, where he rarely ended up without a single win. Therefore, expect him to do his best to break the deadlock on Saturday.
- It has been over a year since Bubba Wallace claimed his first ever win at NASCAR, as he has been in a dry spell. Nevertheless, Wallace is an excellent racer with the talent and skill to claim a NASCAR win in any race. Wallace is the driver to choose if a bettor wants to pick a wild horse for a considerable payoff.
Pennzoil 150 at The Brickyard Betting Pick and Prediction
Since 2018, Chase Elliott has been named the Most Popular Driver in the Cup Series, an award he has earned yearly.
In the same amount of time, the native of Georgia has also won 14 races and the title for the year 2020. So for the Pennzoil 150, where he is coming in on the back of several solid performances, it is difficult to see anyone else beating him.
Who to Bet On?
The 26-year-old driver has been one of the most consistent performers this year. He has spent most of the season racing in the lead pack, which culminated in him claiming his first victory at Dover.
The Hendrick Motorsports driver took home his second victory on Sunday in Nashville and the 15th victory of his career.
Looking at the Pennzoil 150 odds, if nothing goes wrong, expect Chase Elliott to also take home the win on Saturday.
NASCAR Pick: Chase Elliott (+400)