The Jimmy V Classic is always a big event in college basketball, and there is a big battle set to take place on Tuesday night. The FAU Owls will take on the Illinois Fighting Illini, and this could b ea preview of an NCAA Tournament game.
FAU vs IllinoisPicks
Bet on the Fighting Illini to win this game outright, and also bet the under 148.5 total points in this game.
- Pick: Illinois Fighting Illini +125
This is a battle of two Top 25 teams, and it’s also one that is going to come with some great betting options. Here is a look at some of the top FAU vs Illinois betting picks to make on Tuesday night.
FAU Owls vs. Illinois Fighting Illini Odds
There are going to be a few FAU vs Illinois betting picks to make on Tuesday night, but you have to check out the NCAAB odds that are available first. The Illinois Fighting Illini basketball odds on Tuesday night actually have them as a small three-point underdog.
You can also make over/under bets on all NCAA basketball games today, and that betting line is currently set at 148.5 total points.
FAU vs. Illinois Information
FAU Owls vs Illinois Fighting Illini
Location of the game: Madison Square Garden. New York, NY.
Date & Time: Tuesday, December 5. 6:30 PM ET.
How to watch: ESPN
FAU Owls vs. Illinois Fighting Illini Analysis
FAU Owls Performance Recap and Analysis
If you are going to make some FAU Owls basketball picks then it’s hard to ignore how strong that offense is. FAU is scoring 83.9 points per game this season, and they have some players that have proven it on the biggest stage.
Vladislav Goldin leads the Owls with 15.4 points per game this season, and he should have some success in the paint in this game. FAU can also shoot, and they will be trying to play fast in this matchup.
- FAU doesn’t currently have any of their top stars dealing with an injury, and that will give them a great shot to win this game.
Betting Trends to Know
- FAU has gone 4-1 ATS in their last five games, and there have been a ton of blowout wins mixed in.
- The Owls have scored at least 83 points in each of their last five games.
Illinois Fighting Illini Performance Recap and Analysis
The Fighting Illini should be able to compete near the top of the college basketball standings in the Big Ten Conference, especially with how well they defend. Illinois is allowing just 58.6 points per game this season, and they have actually faced some very tough opponents.
Terrence Shannon Jr. is having a monster season for the Fighting Illini as he has scored 20 points per game this season. This Illinois team doesn’t always shoot the ball well, but they are extremely dangerous when they get that done.
- The college basketball injury report was impacting Illinois earlier this season, but they now have Coleman Hawkins back in the mix and playing well.
Betting Trends to Know
- The Illinois Fighting Illini still don’t have great odds to win March Madness, but they are improving. Illinois has gone 3-2 in their last five games, including a huge upset win over Rutgers on Saturday night.
FAU Owls vs. Illinois Fighting Illini Betting Picks
Here are the FAU vs Illinois betting picks for this exciting game:
- Moneyline (Illinois +125): Even though the FAU Owls are one of the NCAA basketball teams, they are going to lose this game as Illinois will pull off the outright upset.
- Over/Under (Under 148.5): There are some great college basketball players in this game, but taking the under is the bet to make based on the Illinois defense.
- Spread (Illinois +3.0): Since you are going to be taking the Fighting Illini to win this game outright, you are also going to want to take them at +3.0
FAU Owls vs. Illinois Fighting Illini Prediction
The Illinois Fighting Illini are now in a very tough part of their NCAAB schedule, but they passed the first test by winning at Rutgers. That is going to give Illinois a huge boost of confidence ahead of this game, and that team can really defend.
FAU has a ton of talent on offense, but it will be the Illinois defense that takes control of this matchup. Bet on the Fighting Illini to win this game outright, and also bet the under 148.5 total points in this game.
- NCAAB Pick: Illinois Fighting Illini +125
Discover the latest stats and trends of this matchup here: