InternationalSoccer

Costa Rica vs New Zealand Odds, Prediction & Picks

  • Costa Rica are frequent at the World Cup with the last four recent qualifications.
  • Costa Rica has won four of their last five matches, while New Zealand has three wins in the last five matches.
  • Both teams have solid squads and come positively to win the match.

Costa Rica, popularly Los Ticos, are set for the World cup qualifiers this weekend against New Zealand, who last qualified in the 2010 South African World cup. 

This clash is challenging, with Ticos set to impress fans by qualifying for the WorldCup while New Zealand is ready to pull a surprise and deny the favorites a chance. 

From the historical achievements, Costa Rica is the favorite and looks forward to an easy win agist the determined Newzealand.  How does this look for both teams? Will there be a usual surprise or an easy win for Costa Rica?

Costa Rica vs. New Zealand Odds

The latest bookies’ odds favor Costa Rica for this clash. Now that Navas is back in the posts, the team looks ahead to a solid win after a terrible 2-0 loss against Panama. 

This will be the other successive appearance of Los Ticos at the world cup once they trump All Whites. On the other side, New Zealand is set to surprise Costa Rica and progress to the WorldCup in a highly-charged match.

Here are the possible 2022 FIFA World Cup odds for this game!

Costa RicaWinDrawNew Zealand
1.703.205.25
Both teams to scoreBTS 2.37NO 1.53

From the odds, 1.70 is a positive for Costa Rica to win the match against New Zealand, who has a high odds of 5.25. Punters may opt for the smaller soccer odds since they represent favorites in the match. 

The statistic shows Costa Rica has a 56% chance of winning the match while Newzeland has around 14% into this game. The draw accounts for about 30%.

A draw is at 3.20, which is still possible with the two teams ready to defend and not allow goals past the post.

Costa Rica vs New Zealand Information

Costa Rica plays New Zealand in the Intercontinental World Cup playoffs. This will happen in Qatar Tuesday night. The game venue is Ahmad bin Ali Stadium where the two teams are battling it out for the last slots into the World Cup. 

You can catch up on the live-action at beIN Sports (Fra) and  TVP Sport. If in the USA, tune into FS2, Telemundo, or Universo on Tuesday, June 14 at 2 pm ET.

Costa Rica Information

Costa Rica has frequented the World Cup and comes into the game confident to book their slot in Qatar 2022 World Cup. 

The Ticos made it 4th at the Octagonal stage of World Cup Qualification on goal difference after beating the United States 2-0 on their final day. 

The Ticos have fallen behind Panama in the previous two matches after a 2-0 loss, but the latest 2022 FIFA World Cup predictions place them as the favorites to qualify. 

They beat Martinique 2-0 in the Nations League, which was a better way to prepare for this significant match. At the moment, Coast Rica is the favorite to win this game with a lot of confidence from their squad and the backing of a huge fanbase.

Francisco Calvo, the Sanjose Earth Quakes defender, helped his team seal the last win two minutes shy from full-time.

Costa Rica’s projected lineup may look like this

Keylor Navas, Bryan Oviedo, Francisco Calvo, Keysher Fuller, Kendall Easton, Juan Pablo Vargas, Anthony Contreras, Bryan Ruiz, Celso Borges, Daniel Chacon, and Joel Campbell. With the Return of Keylor Navas, Costa Rica is confident of winning this match. 

Navas, the PSG goalkeeper, has a pure record for his club and national team. Recently, he made over ten clean saves that could have resulted in goals. Another important player is the former Arsenal point man Joel Cambell. 

Joel is set to unleash his form against the All Whites is a threat and may continue from where he stopped after scoring agist Martinique in the recently concluded match.

At the moment, no serious injuries with Costa Rica, and the squad is in full swing to take on New Zealand.

Luis Fernando Suárez is set to make it to the coming WorldCup and believes his squad has what it takes to win the game and face competitors.

New Zealand Information

New Zealand, popularly known as All Whites, is heading to the game with the confidence of overturning the favorites and making it to the world cup. Gary Stead believes his squad is set for the challenge and will go past Ticos easily.

There last five matches have seen New Zealand win three, draw one, and lost one. This is still a good record that can surprise Costa Rica, which has had a substantial appearance at the World Cup.

During the concluded Oceania qualification, New Zealand beat Solomon Islands 5-0, with Bill Tuiloma scoring a brace. 

Michael Boxall is another lethal defender who is set to lead his team to victory after failing to qualify for the 2010 world cup and hopefully looks for a position in the 2022 slot.

A possible lineup for All Whites looks like this,

Oliver Sail, Bill Poni Tuiloma, Winston Reid, Tommy Smith, Joe Bell, Niko Kirwan, Liberato Cacace, Marko Stamenic, Mathew Garbett, and Chris Wood. This team has Cris Wood as a player to watch as he comes with Premier League experience.

At the moment, no injuries have been reported, and it seems “All Whites” are set to field a sold squad for this game.

Costa Rica vs New Zealand Pick and Prediction

Costa Rica are the favorites in FIFA world cup betting, and we believe they’ll win over New Zealand to progress in the World Cup. A possible is our prediction after 90 minutes. Costa Rica has had a good run, and we expect they’ll capitalize on their recent good form to beat All Whites.

If you love sports and want more sports betting information follow us as @InsidersBetDig on Twitter and sign up to our mailing list for free betting picks.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button

SUBSCRIBE TO GET

FREE PICKS

Receive weekly FREE betting picks in your email