Laver Cup Best Contenders
- Rafael Nadal
- Novak Djokovic
- Roger Federer
- Andy Murray
Rest of the World Team
- Felix Auger-Aliassime
- Taylor Fritz
- Diego Schwartzmann
- Jack Sock
How do the Laver Cup Odds work?
Betting odds are a way of indicating the probability of a particular outcome in a sporting event, and they are an important part of the betting process. The Cup is a relatively new tennis tournament, and the types of betting odds available for the event may vary depending on the bookmaker. However, here are some of the most common types of betting odds that you might encounter:
- Moneyline or Match Odds – This is the most common type of tennis betting odds. Moneyline odds simply show which team or player is favored to win a particular match. The player or team with the negative number is the favorite, while the player or team with the positive number is the underdog.
For example, if Roger Federer is playing against John Isner in a singles match, the odds might be: Federer -200, Isner +150. This means that Federer is the favorite to win, and you would need to bet $200 on him to win $100. Alternatively, if you bet $100 on Isner and he wins, you would receive $150.
- Futures or Outright Odds – These odds allow you to bet on the team that you think will win the entire tournament. The odds for this type of bet can change as the tournament progresses, depending on how the teams perform.
- Prop Bets – These are bets that are based on specific outcomes within a match, such as the number of aces served or the total number of games played.
It’s important to note that the odds can change frequently based on various factors, such as player injuries, past performance, and betting trends. As such, it’s always a good idea to keep up to date with the latest news and information about the tournament before placing your bets.
How can I bet on the Laver Cup?
Betting on the Laver Cup is similar to betting on any other tennis tournament. Here are the general steps to follow if you want to place a bet on the tournament:
- Choose a reputable sportsbook: Choose a reputable online sportsbook that offers betting on tennis and the Laver Cup. Make sure to research the sportsbook and read reviews to ensure it is trustworthy and reliable.
- Create an account: Create an account with the sportsbook and complete the necessary registration steps, including verifying your identity.
- Fund your account: Deposit funds into your account using one of the available payment methods, such as credit/debit cards, e-wallets, or bank transfers.
- Navigate to the Laver Cup betting section: Once you have funded your account, navigate to the tournament betting section of the sportsbook’s website or app.
- Choose your bet: Choose the bet that you want to place, such as a moneyline bet on a specific match or an outright bet on the team that you think will win the tournament. You can also place prop bets on specific outcomes within a match.
- Enter your stake: Enter the amount of money that you want to bet on the outcome. The sportsbook will calculate your potential winnings based on the odds and your stake.
- Confirm your bet: Double-check your bet details and confirm your bet. Your bet will be processed and your account will be debited the amount of your stake.
Laver Cup History
The tournament is a relatively new annual men’s tennis tournament that was first held in 2017. The tournament is named after the tennis legend Rod Laver, who won 11 Grand Slam titles during his career.
The Laver Cup is played over three days and features a team format in which players from Europe compete against players from the rest of the world. Each team is comprised of six players, with four being chosen based on their world rankings and two being chosen as captain’s picks.
The tournament was founded by Roger Federer and his sports management company, Team8, in collaboration with Tennis Australia, the United States Tennis Association, and Jorge Paulo Lemann, a Brazilian billionaire and tennis enthusiast.
The first tournament was held in Prague, Czech Republic, in September 2017. The European team, led by Federer and his fellow superstar Rafael Nadal, won the tournament 15-9. The event was a huge success, with sold-out crowds and high levels of excitement and drama on the court.
The second Laver Cup was held in Chicago, Illinois, in September 2018, and the European team once again emerged victorious, winning 13-8. The third Laver Cup was held in Geneva, Switzerland, in September 2019, and the European team won for the third year in a row, defeating the rest of the world team 13-11.
The fourth tournament was scheduled to be held in Boston, Massachusetts, in September 2020, but it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The tournament was rescheduled for September 2021, and was held successfully in Boston with the European team winning for a fourth consecutive year.
The tournament has quickly become one of the most popular and exciting events on the men’s tennis calendar, with fans and players alike eagerly anticipating each year’s tournament.
Laver Cup Recent Winners
Laver Cup Odds FAQs
The Cup is a team tennis tournament featuring six players on each team, with Team Europe facing off against Team World. The tournament is played over three days, with a series of singles and doubles matches, and the team with the most points at the end of the tournament wins.
Players are selected based on a combination of their world ranking, recent form, and their ability to play well in team events. Each team is comprised of four players chosen based on their world ranking, and two players chosen as captain’s picks.
The captains of the Laver Cup teams are typically high-profile players or coaches with a lot of experience in the sport. Previous captains have included Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe, and Patrick McEnroe.
The location of the Laver Cup changes from year to year. Previous host cities have included Prague, Chicago, and Geneva. The tournament is typically held in September or October.
The Laver Cup is broadcast on television and can be streamed online through various providers. Check your local listings or the official Laver Cup website for more information on where and how to watch the tournament.
SUBSCRIBE TO GET
Join Us And Start Winning!