After stealing Game 5 on the road, the Philadelphia Phillies (3-2) have an opportunity to secure a trip to the World Series as they host the Arizona Diamondbacks (2-3) in Game 6 of the NLCS Monday night.
Diamondbacks vs PhilliesPicks
Pick: Take the Phillies to win at home (-178) and for the under to hit (-110).
Before you consider making your MLB picks, make sure to read ahead for a complete Diamondbacks vs Phillies betting analysis.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Philadelphia Phillies Odds
Diamondbacks vs. Phillies Information
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Philadelphia Phillies
Location of the game: Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Date & Time: Monday, October 23. 5:07 pm ET.
How to watch: National – TBS | TBS-INT
The Diamondbacks vs Phillies betting analysis would not be complete without a look at recent scores.
- In terms of the MLB standings, neither of these teams dominated this year. The Phillies finished second in the NL East, 14 games behind the Atlanta Braves. The Arizona Diamondbacks standings saw them 16 games behind the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West.
- Still, despite being Wild Card teams, one of these teams is close to representing the National League in the World Series. After splitting the first four games, the most recent Philadelphia Phillies score saw them win Game 5 on the road 6-1 on Saturday.
- In the win, Zack Wheeler went seven innings, allowing one earned run on six hits while striking out eight. Bryce Harper, Kyle Schwarber, and J.T. Realmuto all homered in the win.
- As for the Diamondbacks, Zac Gallen got roughed up, giving up four earned runs in six innings. Alek Thomas homered for Arizona, but it was not enough to overcome the deficit.
- On Monday, Philadelphia will look to make a return trip to the World Series, while the Diamondbacks will hope to force a Game 7. Looking at the MLB schedule, a potential Game 7 would be on Tuesday.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Analysis
Prior to Game 5, the home team had won every contest in the series. Returning back home, the Phillies will look to their home faithful at Citizens Bank Park to give them an extra boost.
Kelly Looks For Better Result Monday
Monday will be a rematch of Game 2 of this series. For Diamondbacks’ starter Merril Kelly, he will hope for better results.
In Game 2, Kelly allowed four earned runs in 5.2 innings of work. While he only allowed three hits, each of the three were home runs.
Out of all MLB teams, Arizona ranks 14th in scoring this year, averaging 4.58 runs per game.
On the road, they are slightly better at 4.71 runs. During the postseason, Alek Thomas leads the team with four home runs, while Gabriel Moreno has a team-leading eight runs batted in.
Phillies Turn To Nola To Close Door
Trying to close the door on the series, the Phillies will hand the ball to 30-year-old righty Aaron Nola. In 32 regular season games, he went 12-9 with a 4.46 ERA and 1.15 WHIP, and he had 202 strikeouts in 193.2 innings.
This postseason, Nola is 3-0 with a 0.96 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, and 19 strikeouts over three MLB games.
The Phillies MLB team stats have them at eighth overall in scoring, averaging 4.94 runs per game (5.25 at home). This postseason, Nick Castellanos, Bryce Harper, and Kyle Schwarber all lead the team with five home runs apiece.
When making your Arizona Diamondbacks and Philadelphia Phillies picks, it is important to look at the MLB injury report.
The Diamondbacks are without pitcher Mark Melancon (shoulder) and outfielder Jake McCarthy (oblique). As for the Phillies, they are without slugger Rhys Hoskins (ACL).
Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview
- Moneyline: As we examine the MLB odds in this Diamondbacks vs Phillies betting analysis, the Phillies are the favorites playing at home. They are -178 to win, while the Diamondbacks’ moneyline sits at +158.
- Spread: The spread sees Arizona at +1.5, with odds of -135. The Phillies have a spread of -1.5, with odds of +115.
- Over/Under: The over/under for total runs is set at eight. Both the over and the under has odds of -110.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Prediction
Our Diamondbacks vs Phillies betting analysis is taking the Phillies to win at home (-178) and for the under to hit (-110).
Arizona is just 2-6 in their last eight games against Philadelphia, and they are 3-8 in their last 11 at Citizens Bank Park. For Philadelphia, they are undefeated in their last six home games.
While Merril Kelly is not a shutdown ace, expect him to be better than Game 2. Also expect Aaron Nola to continue his dominant postseason. For that reason, the under is a good bet.
- MLB Pick: Take the Phillies to win at home (-178) and for the under to hit (-110).