Game 5 sees the Texas Rangers (3-1) with a chance to win the series as they take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (1-3). Before you consider making your MLB picks, make sure to read ahead for a complete Rangers vs Diamondbacks betting analysis.
Rangers vs DiamondbacksPicks
- Rangers to win on the road (-115) and for the over to hit (-115)
Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds
Rangers vs. Diamondbacks Information
Texas Rangers vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Location of the game: Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ.
Date & Time: Wednesday, November 1. 8:03 pm ET.
How to watch: National – FOX | FOX-INT
The Rangers vs Diamondbacks betting analysis would not be complete without a look at recent MLB games.
- After winning two of the first three games, the Rangers dominated Tuesday night. In their 11-5 victory, Jonah Heim, Marcus Semien and Corey Seager homered, with Semien driving in five runs.
- In the win, Andrew Heaney allowed just one earned run on four hits over the course of five innings.
- In the defeat, the Diamondbacks’ Ketel Marte, Christian Walker, Gabriel Moreno and Lourdes Gurriel Jr combined for nine hits. Gurriel homered and drove in four.
- It was a rough night on the mound for the Diamondbacks. It took four pitchers to get through the first three innings. Combined, those four pitchers allowed 10 runs (five earned). In that span, they gave up eight hits and walked two.
Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Betting Analysis
Not too many MLB predictions had these Wild Card teams making it this far. Now, the Texas Rangers, who did not even lead the MLB standings in their own division, are one win away from their first World Series title.
With a win on Wednesday, the Rangers would also sweep the postseason in road wins, as they are a perfect 9-0 away from home.
Rangers Turn To Eovaldi To Win Championship
With sights set on a World Series championship, Rangers’ manager Bruce Bochy will turn to 33-year-old Nathan Eovaldi Wednesday night.
In 25 regular season games, his MLB stats show that he was 12-5 with a 3.63 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, and he had 132 strikeouts in 144 innings. He has been even better in the postseason, going 4-0 with a 3.52 ERA.
Out of all MLB teams, Texas ranks third in scoring this year, averaging 5.44 runs per game. On the road, they are slightly worse at 5.03 runs. Corey Seager remains red hot in the postseason, hitting .295/.434/.672 with six home runs, 12 runs batted in, and 17 runs scored.
Diamondbacks Counter With Gallen
Trying to live to fight another day, the Diamondbacks will turn to their ace, 28-year-old righty Zac Gallen. During the regular season, Gallen impressed with a 17-9 record and a 3.47 ERA.
This postseason, Gallen’s MLB player stats have shown that he has struggled. In five games, he is 2-2, but he sports a 5.27 ERA and 1.50 WHIP.
The Diamondbacks MLB team stats have them at 14th overall in scoring this season, averaging 4.59 runs per game (4.41 at home). This postseason, Gabriel Moreno and Alek Thomas have led the team with four home runs apiece and a combined 16 runs batted in.
MLB Injury Report
The Rangers lost both Max Scherzer (back) and Adolis Garcia (oblique) for the season in Game 3. The Diamondbacks are without pitcher Mark Melancon (shoulder) and outfielder Jake McCarthy (oblique).
Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Betting Preview
As we examine the MLB odds in this Rangers vs Diamondbacks betting analysis, the Rangers are the favorites despite playing on the road.
- Moneyline: They are -115 to win, while the Diamondbacks’ moneyline sits at +105.
- Spread: The spread sees Arizona at +1.5, with odds of -165. The Rangers have a spread of -1.5, with odds of +145.
- Over/Under: The over/under for total runs is set at 8.5. The over has odds of -115, while the under 8.5 runs has odds of -105.
Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Betting Prediction
Our Rangers vs Diamondbacks betting analysis is taking the Rangers to win on the road (-115) and for the over to hit (-115).
For as good as the Diamondbacks have been this postseason, the Rangers just seem like they are on a different level, especially when playing on the road. After winning back-to-back games in Arizona, expect them to finish the job on Wednesday.
Nathan Eovaldi has arguably been the Rangers’ best pitcher this entire postseason, and he is just the guy you want on the mound to put this series away.
As for the total, the over has hit in seven of the last nine games between these two teams. Expect that trend to continue Wednesday.
- MLB Pick: Rangers to win on the road (-115) and for the over to hit (-115)